Trip is a cornerstone of the Camp Can-Aqua Experience. Tell me more…
If going away to camp is about having fun, gaining independence, learning to work with others and discovering the beauty in our natural surroundings, then taking part in a canoe trip while at Camp is a terrific opportunity!!! Suddenly, all the luxuries of city life disappear and campers are left with only each other to make their experiences memorable. Campers are put in positions of responsibility and leadership while on trip and the rewards of the experience are incredible.
Learn to camp
away from camp
It takes teamwork and selflessness to accomplish all tasks, whether it is attempting to finish a portage, paddling “just a bit” further after a long day, or the overcoming of a fear of sleeping outdoors. It is these feats and the feeling of accomplishing something together as a group, that make a trip so rewarding. Tripping at Camp Can-Aqua takes our focus of community development one step further. We’re a camp that believes stingily in the benefits of both life at camp and the experiences found on trip.
Who is able to take part in an out-trip?
- Campers who are 7-9 years old have the option to trip on Beaver Lake (the Camp Can-Aqua lake) for an overnight.
- Campers who are 9-14 years old have the option of participating in a 1 night 2 day canoe trip to Centre Lake.
- Campers who are 12-15 years old and stay at camp for 4 weeks are eligible to go to Algonquin Provincial Park (optional) for a 6 night trip.
- Campers who are 14 & 16 years old and enrolled in our Leadership Programs take part in canoe trips that range from 5-9 nights.
- Campers who are 16 & 17 years old and enrolled in our JRC program take part in two unique off site trips.